March has come and passed with a blink the eye; as such, let’s take a look at some of the best colored diamond news from March. This month, we have news about about Rio Tinto’s 2017 report and their diamond production, the potential sale of a massive $93.6 million blue ring, and investment tips for buyers.
- Colored diamond prices have been increasing each year, even hitting record breaking prices. But how much higher can they go? In this post, Arpege Diamonds explores the possibilities.
- De Beers is one of the biggest organizations that produces colored diamonds. This year, the company is expected to peak their diamond production. Up from 32 million carats last year, this year, De Beers is expecting to produce 34 to 36 million carats. You can read more about their 2018 plan here.
- Earlier this month, Rio Tinto released their 2017 annual report, in which it states that there have been significant decrease in the estimates of Ore Reserves and Mineral Resources at the Argyle Mine. What does this mean? Could the Argyle Mine be running out of diamonds sooner than expected? You can find out more information here.
- If we look at trends, we can see colored diamonds have been increasing in popularity. Have you considered this investment? If so, here’s 3 things you need to know. Click here to read more!
- It’s been quiet regarding colored diamond sales, but we have an update for you! This April, Sotheby’s Hong Kong is planning on selling a 14.18 – carat, VVS2 blue diamond ring. The ring will feature more than $93.6 million worth of jewels! You can read more about it here.
- Although this isn’t a colored diamond auction, Lucapa Diamond Company earned $1.7 million at its sale for rough diamonds earlier this month. The company sold 2,072 carats at the tender and are produced from the company’s mine in Angola. You can read more about it here.
- Another astonishing sale this year came from Gem Diamonds who sold a 910-carat diamond from it’s Letseng mine. The stone sold for $40 million dollars and is classified as a D color, type IIa stone. You can read more about it here.
- With all this information about colored diamonds and their prices, how would you expect it to affect the future? Will their price skyrocket? Would they become even harder to find? In this post, Arpege Diamonds talks about these possibilities…
- Let’s not forget to neglect other passion investments. In this post, fancy colored diamonds are compared to investments such as art, collectible cars, and watches. What’s the verdict? Which investment is considered the best? Read more to find out!
- Are you thinking about investing in colored diamonds? You might want to read this post first! Here’s 29 factors every investor should know that affect diamond prices. Read more here!
- Last, but not least, if you’re serious about investing in colored diamonds, then you should read this post about 3 things you need if you want to invest in fancy colored diamonds. Click here to read more!
Arpège Diamonds is committed to providing industry trends and information for those who appreciate colored diamonds both for their beauty and their value. Feel free to contact us at 866-821-5508 to learn more about investing in fancy colored diamonds.
For more insight on the world of colored diamonds be sure to check out the links below:
- 3 Things You Need If You Want To Invest In Fancy Colored Diamonds
- 29 Factors Every Investor Should Know: What Affects Diamond Price? Part 1
- What To Look For In A Diamond Investment
- Fancy Colored Diamonds: How Modifiers and Undertones Affect Price