April’s colored diamond news was full of exciting and interesting events, including the sale of a $6 million royal blue diamond, ongoing colored diamond auctions, and of course the discovery of new diamonds facts you might not have known. Without further delay, let’s dig in.
- The Farnese Blue diamond is a beautiful 6.16 carat diamond that was gifted to Queen Elisabeth Farnese of Spain in 1714. As these jewels are usually passed between families and generations, it’s also believed to have pass through Queen Marie Antoinette’s hands. Now, this stone is up for auction and is expected to sell for at least $6 million. Click here to read more details
- Let’s talk about investing in colored diamonds for a minute. In a recent report, Australia’s biggest diamond mine, the Argyle mine, is quickly diminishing its supply of diamonds. The closure will knock out 10% of the annual world diamond output. You can read more about the closure here.
- Since the Argyle diamond mine is responsible for the discovery of 90% of all colored diamonds, how will this impact investing in these stones? In this post, Arpège Diamonds talks about what we can expect in the future.
- We’ve now entered the time of year where auctions are occurring frequently. Last year around this time, the Pink Star sold for a world record, $72 million. What can we expect this year? Here’s a list of all the auctions that happened this month:
- In this post, Sotheby’s highlights 15 of their favorite colored diamonds that are ready to be auctioned off at the events above. Check out blue, pink, yellow, green, and all shades in between.
- We’ve all enjoy dinner and a good movie, but what about dinner and a blue diamond? In 2016, World of Diamonds Group stated they would be selling the world’s most expensive dinner (worth $2 million!), which came with a 2.08-carat blue diamond. The package was previously bought by the founder of V Diamonds, however both parties mutually canceled the agreement. You can read more about the experience here.
- Think you’re a diamond expert? How many of these 20 facts about diamonds did you know? Click here to learn all about how diamonds are formed, how they get their hardness, and more!
- Switching gears back to colored diamond investments, as prices continue to skyrocket, how much higher do you think they can go? In this post by Arpège Diamonds, the experts take a look at pricing trends, and how rarity translates to value. You can check it out here
- Last but not least, we strive to provide as much insight as possible when it comes to colored diamonds. In this post, we share all the insight you need to know about fancy colored diamonds. You can check it out here.
Arpège Diamonds is committed to providing industry trends and information for those who appreciate colored diamonds both for their beauty and their value. Feel free to contact us at 866-821-5508 to learn more about investing in fancy colored diamonds.
For more insight on the world of colored diamonds be sure to check out the links below:
- 3 Things You Need If You Want To Invest In Fancy Colored Diamonds
- 29 Factors Every Investor Should Know: What Affects Diamond Price? Part 1
- What To Look For In A Diamond Investment
- Fancy Colored Diamonds: How Modifiers and Undertones Affect Price